The application for registration of pesticide is need to be done online to CIBRC. The computerized Registration of Pesticides (CROP) application is developed for the Central Insecticides Board and Registration Committee. It is a web-based application for Registration of Pesticides. The application is supposed to automate the entire registration procedure.
The following categories of pesticides are regulated by CIB RC
- Plant protection products
- Plant growth regulator
- Seed treatment
- Household pesticides
- Public use pesticide
Categories of PPP registration
- Regular Registration u/s 9 (3) – New registration
- Provisional Registration u/s 9 (3b) – Usually granted for a period of 2 years.
- “Me-Too Registration” u/s 9 (4)- It is a consecutive registration of original 9(3) registration of a molecule and,
- Endorsement cases (Legal, administrative, and technical)
Pending on the business interest the categories are further divided as –
- Import of the technical grade material/formulated product – TI, FI
- Manufacturing of technical grade material/formulated product – TIM, FIM
- Registration of new technical source – TI (new source)
The data requirements vary as per the registration categories and depending upon the business strategy of the client.
The data requirements as per the following sections required to be submitted to CIBRC.
- Toxicity (including ecotoxicology)
- For the registration category 9(3) the extensive data is required to be fulfilled.
- For the registration category 9(4) the lesser data is required to be submitted
- The bio efficacy data needs to be generated in Indian Agroclimatic conditions at the State Agricultural Universities (SAU).